Pumas in Support of the US Fleet Global Operations
03/29/2012: This slideshow features various photos of the EurocopterPuma working in support of the USN-USMC team worldwide.
Credit: USN Visual Service
- In the first photo, an SA-330 Puma helicopter picks up pallets from the Military Sealift Command dry cargo/ammunition ship USNS Lewis and Clark during a vertical replenishment with the amphibious dock landing ship USS Carter Hall. Carter Hall was deployed as part of the Iwo Jima Expeditionary Strike Group supporting maritime security operations in the U.S. 5th Fleet areaof responsibility. (1/1/09).
- In the second photo, a Marine assigned to the 31st Marine Expeditionary Unit works on the flight deck of the amphibious transport dock ship USS Denver to bring aboard stores during simultaneous underway and vertical replenishments with the Military Sealift Command dry cargo ammunition ship USNS Amelia Earhart. Denver was about to begin exercise Talisman Saber 2009 July 7, 2009 which were a series of exercises with the Australian Defense Force. (7/6/09).
- In the third photo, an SA-330J Puma helicopter assigned to the Military Sealift Command dry cargo and ammunition ship USNS Robert E. Peary carries supplies to the amphibious dock landing ship USS Ashland during a vertical replenishment. Ashland was operating as part of the Nassau Amphibious Ready Group supporting maritime security operations and theater security cooperation operations in the U.S. 5th Fleet area of responsibility. (7/10/10).
- In the fourth photo, Marine combat cargomen attach a pole pendant to a SA-330 Puma helicopter assigned to the Military Sealift Command dry cargo and ammunition ship USNS Amelia Earhart aboard the amphibious assault ship USS Peleliu. Amelia Earhart was part of the Peleliu Amphibious Ready Group, which was on a scheduled deployment to the western Pacific Ocean with the 15th Marine Expeditionary Unit. (07/07/10).
- In the fifth photo, an AS332 Super Puma helicopter assigned to the Military Sealift Command dry cargo ship USNS Richard E. Byrd T-AKE 4 departs the guided missile destroyer USS McCampbell DDG 85 during a vertical replenishment. McCampbell was munderway as part of Amphibious Force U.S. 7th Fleet at the request of the Indonesian government for assistance and support for humanitarian efforts. (10/13/09).
- In the sixth photo, embarked Presidential Airways Puma Vertical Takeoff and Replenishment Team practice maneuvers aboard the Military Sealift Command dry cargo/ammunition ship USNS Richard E. Byrd in preparation for the Pacific Partnership 2009. The USNS Richard E. Byrd was en route to Samoa. Pacific Partnership 2009 for the fourth in a series of annual U.S. Pacific Fleet humanitarian and civic assistance missions for Commander, U.S. Pacific Fleet. Dubuque embarked humanitarian civic assistance equipment and a robust multi-specialized team of preventive medicine personnel, veterinarians, medical and dental teams, a construction battalion and engineering personnel. (06/08/09).