USS Wasp Operations
The key role for amphibious ships has been discussed on the website in various articles, most recently by Jim Strock. This slide shows highlights some of the operations of the USS Wasp which is the latest in a long line of distinguished USN warships of this name.
Credit: USS Wasp
Location: Atlantic Ocean
- The first photo shows a U.S. Marine AV-8 Harrier gets ready to taxi off the flight deck of USS Wasp during flight deck evolutions, June 17. Wasp is currently underway conducting deck landing and engineering qualifications.
- Photo 2 shows a Landing Craft Unit arrives in the well deck during an offload of Marines and their equipment.
- Photo 3 shows Marines offloading vehicles and equipment during well deck operations, June 20.
- Photo 4 shows Landing Craft Unit arriving in the well deck during an offload of Marines and their equipment.
- Photo 5 shows a Marine inspecting his equipment after offloading vehicles during well deck operations.
- Photo 6 shows a U.S. Marine AV-8 Harrier takes flight during flight deck evolutions aboard USS Wasp, June 17.
- Photo 7 shows a U.S. Marine AV-8 Harrier departs the flight deck of USS Wasp during flight deck evolutions, June 17.